Saturday, June 18, 2011

Estes Park

This weekend the band played a wedding in scenic Estes Park, Colorado. The wedding was fun, we loved every minute.
The lodge was incredibly beautiful. The view from the balcony of downtown Estes Park was gorgeous:


As was the view from our room:


I heard rumors that we had a bear outside the hotel room this morning.
Today I spent some time with my cousin Jerry, who lives in Estes Park. He has a great place just off the lake, overlooking the golf course.
We had a blast, took the Jeep up to the park. It was COLD!

The road was closed part way up so we turned around.

The scenery was breathtaking:


We saw some wildlife, including a white elk - a good luck omen???


I had a great time hanging out and relaxin' with my cousin. Thanks, Jerry!

On the way out of town, I couldn't resist taking photos of the elk that had wandered onto the golf course:


Just play through:


If you look closely, I think you can see my cousin's place just through the trees on the right...

What a great weekend!

No comments: