Sunday, August 31, 2008

Home at last!

I am finally in Colorado. It feels great to be back home again.
Most of my stuff arrived Thursday and Friday, and I am beginning to get settled in.
I went to Taste of Colorado with my friend JT on Friday, to hear Little Feat. The sunset was shining off the gold dome of the Capitol building, set against a cobalt blue sky. It was wonderful. The band sounded phenomenal! Nobody can lay down a groove like Little Feat. You just can't help but move your body to the music. I know, it's a scary thing, Mikey doing the 'white guy dance,' but what can I say? It was beyond my power to stop it.

Speaking of music, I got together with Scotte for our first rehearsal with the new band, Ironwood Rain. It's so good to play with him again, we just mesh so well. That's what happens when you've played together for a long time.
I am so excited to be here in Colorado once again.
Stay tuned for more news and updates.

No comments: